Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Thierry Henry quits football to become the new face of Sky TV

Former Arsenal striker, Thierry Henry has announced his retirement from playing football and signed a multi-million pound deal to be the new face of Sky television.

Arsenal legend Henry's Sky contract allows him to start work on his coaching badges, which could eventually open up a return to the North London club.

Henry took the decision to hang up his boots at the age of 37 after opting not to sign a new contract with MLS club New York Red Bulls and brings an end to one of the most successful playing careers of the modern era.

He said,

"The decision was not too hard to be honest. It is hard to leave the game you love and everything you used to do on a daily basis. But I am pleased with what I've done and I've got no regrets. Things happen for a reason. It's hard and not hard.

"I love the game and I still think I can give a lot to the game. I'm retiring and I'm not yet involved with any team. In the meantime, I can give back to the game on TV and make people understand some stuff they maybe don't already. The job of an analyst is to make people understand in a simple way what the game means. It will be our job to make sure we bring the game closer to people."
 "I don't know if I can be a good coach or not, but the desire is there," said Henry. "We'll see. Just because you can play the game doesn't mean you can teach it - dealing with egos and lifting people."

Source: The Telegraph

No comments: