Monday, October 21, 2013

Another Nollywood Divorce As Jeta Amata And Wife Separate


The spate of Nollywood divorces has taken another toll as prolific director, Jeta Amata and his actress wife, Mbong, have parted ways, after ten years of marriage. Though the news has just filtered in, those in the know say the couple went their separate ways a year ago after some irreconcilable differences.

Jeta, from the family of the Amata acting clan of Delta State, and Mbong, who is from Cross Rivers State, met in Calabar in 2001, during a movie audition, when she was just 16 years old and by the time she turned 18, she was already a mother.

Confirming the break-up, Jeta had this to say: “Mbong is an amazing mother, an incredible wife. All the time we were together, she would never let any other person cook my food. She was faithful and good to me and gave me the best gift in the world, our beautiful daughter. If I didn’t cage her so much, maybe we would still be together. I stole her youth and didn’t let her live her dream, so it was better to let her go and find new adventures. She’s happy and so am I. Despite the fact that we are no longer together, we are still good friends. She even lives close to me here in Los Angeles. Things are great between us and I’m happy to see her happy.”

Recall that his uncles, Fred and Ruke Amata are both divorcees.

No comments: